Interested in helping behind the scenes at the Get Lit! Festival? We would love to have you participate!
Volunteering gives you a great opportunity to meet people and enjoy yourself while also contributing to events that celebrate reading and writing. Many shifts are flexible, and locations vary.
Before and during the festival, we need people to:
- collect donations/gifts
- distribute posters and programs
- help out at information tables
- judge poetry slams
- set up and tear down book tables
- participate in Milk Crate Readings
- transport authors
- serve as ushers and ticket takers
In return, we make sure our volunteers get:
- a free Get Lit! T-shirt
- tickets to one event for every 3-to-4-hour shift worked
- and . . . a big round of applause
To participate in the festival as a volunteer, send your name, phone number, and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 1. If you are interested in volunteering in the Get Lit! Programs office at other times during the year and have experience with fundraising, marketing, grant writing, organizing, or online networking, please mention this in your message. Thank you!